Common Truck Accident Injuries
Just being in a car accident by itself is traumatic and deadly. Car accidents can result in injuries that possibly last a lifetime. Now imagine a truck.
Semi-trucks with huge loads and cargo can weigh up to 20-30 times the weight of a regular car. So the damage can be even more catastrophic and possibly lead to even death if the accident is severe enough.
Truck drivers drive long hours and are almost always on the highway. Driving 12-16 hours at a time on the highway can lead to tiredness, drowsiness, and sometimes just outright missing certain details on the road because of the nature of always driving on the highway.
This is not always the case, but truck drivers are only human, so mistakes and misjudgement can always happen on the road.
It is our job as everyday drivers to acknowledge this and drive as cautiously as possible. Although it is also the responsibility of the other driver to make sure that we are all safe on the road, you can’t rely on another person to drive well, so we can only focus on our driving.
5 Most Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents can cause the most devastating injuries to your body. Here are some of the most common injuries that come from truck accidents.
- Head and brain injuries. Because of something called whiplash (when your neck gets thrown and violently stretched out), your head and brain could be thrown into shock. Some symptoms are, but not limited to, slurred speech, nausea, confusion, headaches, and vision problems.
- Back and neck injuries. The shock and trauma of being hit by something as heavy and big as a truck can really shock your spine and entire posterior chain. Common back and neck injuries from truck accidents are dislocated spine, minor neck pain when moving, lower back pain, and possibly more.
- Chest injuries. The chest is actually the body part that can sustain the most damage. Broken ribs, fractured bones, damage to the internal organs. These are all just possibilities, but that’s just a small list.
- Cuts and Bruises. These are almost a given in any sort of accident. Truck accidents, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, etc. can lead to cuts and bruises because our bodies get thrown around and can hit things that can result in cuts and bruises. Flying objects in our cars like pens, pencils, coins, etc. can cause cuts to open and getting thrown around and getting hit hard can lead to bruises.
- Wrongful death. If the accident is severe enough, it can cause death. If any of these accidents happen too severely, then it can lead to death. In addition, trucks being so much heavier than regular cars can make the chance of death much higher. A truck going at the same speed as a regular car is still going to be exponentially more dangerous because of just how heavy and big it is. Although a car is unlikely to crush you, a truck is very likely to flatten out your car and crush it.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer from FLL Accident Lawyers
Our team at FLL Accident Lawyers is here to help you. With decades of experience and hundreds of personal injury cases under our belt, we are ready to help you get the financial compensation you may be entitled to for your injuries.
If your injuries from a truck accident were caused by negligent driving, then contact a personal injury lawyer from FLL Accident Lawyers.
Negligent driving is when a motor vehicle driver is driving without upholding his/her duty to drive safely. Some of these negligent activities are texting and driving, looking somewhere else other than the road, and sleeping while driving. While something as unbelievable as sleeping while driving seems impossible, it has happened to some of our clients and is quite common when sleep-deprived truck drivers are driving for too long.
Our team starts you with a FREE consultation so that we know what kind of case we are dealing with and from there we start gathering data and evidence to build you a strong case. The losses you can suffer from your injuries can range from something as small as just a small injury to possibly death. Everything in the middle of that is possible, and it can get expensive and costly very quickly.
Don’t be left alone and instead, get the help you need for your losses.