FLL Accident Lawyers Offers an Initial Consultation for More Information
The legal professionals at FLL Accident Lawyers represent car accident injury victims or their families, for matters involving wrongful death. No question is too complicated or embarrassing to ask.
You can learn more about your options for financial restitution by calling (954) 519-6353 or submitting an online contact form request today.
FLL Accident Lawyers Represents Car Accident Injury Victims
Florida residents have the opportunity to seek redress aside from their standard insurance coverage policy. FLL Accident Lawyers will stand by your side every step of the way, whether negotiating with insurance companies or taking your case to civil court.
Either way, your claims must meet the elements of personal injury or wrongful death law while offering substantive and qualitative proof to assert your rights to compensation.
We assist the following types of individuals in car accident injury and wrongful death claims occurring in Florida:
FLL Accident Lawyers will initiate an investigation regarding the surrounding circumstances of your case while providing legal counsel and guidance to describe our recommended strategy for your situation.
We will gather the necessary evidence to prove your losses using police reports, medical documents, photos, eye-witness accounts, expert testimony, and any other form of reasonable proof. Exercising your right to a fair reward is our top priority.
Our Fort Lauderdale Accident Lawyers Handle Complex Situations
Not only do we represent the above-referenced individuals, but we also assist them across a variety of situations. Our Fort Lauderdale Accident Lawyers have the resources and subject-matter expertise to protect your rights under the following types of car accidents:
- Distracted driving: No matter how many times people hear someone say, “Keep your eyes on the road,” a distracted driver ends up causing another accident. Texting, playing with the radio, and not focusing on the task at hand are all examples that represent common reasons why people cause car accidents and subsequently end up on the receiving end of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Intoxicated driving: The act of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is unconscionable for most reasonable people, and yet, it happens every day. Drunk or high drivers have reduced inhibitions and cognitive capacities, which cause them to hit other drivers, pedestrians, and buildings. In the age of Uber and Lyft, it is grossly negligent for drivers to hit the roadways in an unlawful condition.
- Reckless or aggressive driving: We are all human, and we have moments in lapse of judgment. Frustration, fear, and mental illness can escalate a negative thought into aggressive action. Drivers, who exhibit road rage, use intimidation to send a message to targeted drivers. Even if you did make a mistake of your own that set him or her off, that does not mean that they have the right to lash out behind the wheel of a one- or two-ton vehicle.
- Traffic violations: Hitting a vehicle after committing a traffic violation is a common occurrence in distracted, intoxicated, and aggressive driving. Whether it was a mistake or not, that reality does not really matter within the context of personal injury law. When the State of Florida hands a person a driver’s license, there are enormous responsibilities that come along with it, including his or her acceptance that he or she will obey traffic laws at all times.
- Defective parts: Major car manufacturers have a responsibility to test their components and vehicles to ensure that drivers, and other motorists stay safe. However, malfunctioning and defective parts are other significant factors that play a role in accident injuries and wrongful death claims. Types of part defects may include the malfunctioning of brakes, tires, airbags, steering columns, and more. If a defective part caused your crash, there are opportunities for compensation under Florida’s product liability laws.
- Roadway hazards: The City of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, and the State of Florida are responsible for reasonably keeping roadways from debris and other hazards that can cause a car accident. Government entity lawsuits follow different rules than a typical trial, which means that the advice of a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer can help you navigate the complexities in this area of law.
- Wrongful death: Sadly, there are times when a car accident overcomes the individual so much that death occurs. Other drivers have a duty of care to extend toward other motorists and pedestrians. If this breach in duty results in your loved one’s death, you have the opportunity to file a wrongful death lawsuit. While financial compensation does not compare to his or her lost life, it can help family members deal with the undue burden of monetary losses following an accident.
No matter what type of car accident injuries you are facing, FLL Accident Lawyers provides the counsel and support you and your family members require during this difficult time. We will identify the parties responsible and relentlessly pursue your compensation claim according to the merits of your case and as allowable by Florida state laws.
You are not alone in this process. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers will treat you with compassion and respect throughout the entire process.
Compensation Available Injury Victims May Recover After an Accident
There is compensation that is available for your car accident injuries sustained in Florida. You can file a claim or civil suit for your financial losses related to your physical, mental, and emotional injuries. We will compile and establish the evidence required to prove and assert your rights to a monetary award.
Estimating the Value of Your Car Accident Settlement or Lawsuit
Determining how much your Florida car accident claim value is difficult since the elements of every claim are unique. The uniqueness is relevant because they can tip the scales in or away from your favor. During your initial consultation with FLL Accident Lawyers, we can offer you a figure that serves as a starting point for clarification purposes.
If the Insurance Company Won’t Work with Our Initial Offer
The first step toward filing a car accident claim is to initially negotiate with an insurance company to get you the financial benefits you deserve. We will analyze your policy to uncover opportunities for restitution under the following coverage options relevant to your case.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance: Drivers are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to cover your losses related to medical, financial, and emotional losses. Whether you caused the accident or not, an insurer must cover your damages when you carry this form of car accident insurance.
- At-fault motorist’s insurance: If the other driver was insured, then you are eligible to file a claim through their provider. You can file a claim for your medical, financial, and emotional losses as they apply to your case. You do not have to accept an offer that deems itself to be unreasonable or unfair. The insurance policy they issued made a promise to provide you with compensation if you were injured. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers will work to make sure they live up to it.
If the insurer balks and offers you a number that you do not wish to accept, then you have the opportunity to file a civil court lawsuit. While insurers are interested in settling a claim out of court, there are still instances where you are clearly injured and covered, and they will deny it anyway.
The FLL Accident Lawyers teams will request the following types of compensation as they related to your specific situation under a civil suit:
- Past, current, and future medical costs
- Emergency room visits
- Surgical costs
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Prescription drug costs
- Travel to and from doctor’s visits
- Lost work wages and benefits
- Lost ability to earn a future income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of life (wrongful death only)
- Loss of companionship (wrongful death only)
- Vocational and occupational retraining
- Vehicle and property damages
- Punitive awards
- And more
There are other forms of compensation for which you may make a claim. FLL Accident Lawyers will examine and review your case to uncover every opportunity for compensation available. We will go after responsible parties on your behalf to get the deserved benefit under PIP insurance, the at-fault party’s insurance, or through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact Us Now to Avoid Missing Your Chance to File a Claim for Compensation
The State of Florida places a deadline—or statute of limitations—on your case’s timeline. There are several motives for doing this, including allowing ample time to discover the true extent of your injuries while preventing an undue burden on an already strained legal system.
Depending upon the case type that your Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer files on your behalf, there are a few general deadlines of which you should be aware:
- For personal injury: You have a maximum of four years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. The timeclock starts running from the date of your injury.
- For wrongful death: You have a maximum of two years to file a wrongful death case in Florida. The timeclock starts running from the date of your loved one’s death.
- For product liability: You have a maximum of four years to file a product liability lawsuit in Florida. The timeclock starts running from the date of the injury.
- For government liability: You have a maximum
After reviewing the above-referenced guidelines, you may discover that you have missed your opportunity to file a claim. However, Florida is a state that allows litigants to “toll” the deadline. That means there are specific situations in which civil courts will allow you to file a claim. However, you must speak with a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer to determine if you qualify for this consideration.
Whether you missed the deadline or not, FLL Accident Lawyers is standing by to address your questions. No case is too technical or complex for our firm to handle. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to provide comprehensive legal care to you and your loved ones.
Call FLL Accident Lawyers for an Initial Case Assessment
It is frightening to go up against an insurance company and their customer. Not only are you trying to recover physically, but you are also going up against the insurer’s in-house or outside counsel. Insurance companies just consider this aspect as a hazard of the business.
We disagree. Guilty parties must be held accountable while pushing back against insurance companies, which are not living up to the promises they made in your policy.
Speaking with a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer is the first step in initiating the claims process. The legal team at FLL Accident Lawyers welcomes you to request an initial case assessment for more information. You can request yours by calling (954) 519-6353 or submitting an online contact form request today.