Compensation Is Available for Your Injuries
At FLL Accident Lawyers, we have worked with clients, who have sustained significant, life-changing injuries, or their loved ones, who are mourning the loss of a family member or partner. While there is not any amount of money that can genuinely make up for your losses, you may find that it helps pay back past due bills, ongoing medical care, funeral expenses, and more.
Plus, it can send a message, which may reinforce public policy and cause negligent parties, and people like them, to think twice about their actions.
A Team of Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers Who Care
If you or your family member sustained injuries, property damage, or loss of life stemming from another’s negligence, there are legal options for compensation available. Contact the Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers at FLL Accident Lawyers today.
We invite you to a free, no-obligation case review for more information. Request yours today by calling 954-519-6353 or messaging us through our contact form. And, of course, we operate on a contingency fee basis, which means that we do not earn your business unless we win.
FLL Accident Lawyers Helps You When It Matters Most
Personal injury cases result from another person or entity, who owed you a duty of care, negligently causing your accident, which resulted in injuries and then subsequent financial losses due to medical expenses or time lost at work. You should not be required to indefinitely pay for injuries and damage that you did not cause. And, it is for this determination that we make it a top priority to help you out when it matters most.
Our proven and experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can counsel and advocate on your behalf in the following practice areas of personal injury law:
As you can see, the most common thread intertwining these cases is pain and loss—from a financial, physical, and emotional standpoint. When you work with FLL Accident Lawyers, you are truly not alone. We genuinely care about our clients. It is our mission and vision to treat you like family.
Our team will take the time to get to know you and be available through all of life’s legal ups and downs. You can learn more about your options over a free consultation by calling 954-519-6353 or sending us a note through our contact form.
Florida Civil Courts Award Compensation to Negligently Injured Parties
The legal term for financial compensation from a personal injury claim is known as damages. While you are likely trying to determine how much you can expect to receive in damages, it is a tricky number to estimate without speaking to a Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer first. Every personal injury case is different, and laws are applied within the context of the details of your claim. FLL Accident Lawyers will review every aspect of your case to pursue damages from the following sources:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for your out-of-pocket expenses related to medical care, property damage, and lost wages, if you missed work. It can also include prescription medication, physical therapy, emotional counseling, and vocational retraining. Florida does not put a limit on your economic damages, so as long as they are deemed to be a medical necessity.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are more challenging to estimate since they cannot be observed by using an objective mathematical equation. They are a form of compensation for the physical and emotional suffering you endured, including pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of life or wrongful death, in matters where you lost your family member. Florida does not put a limit on your non-economic damages.
- Compensatory Damages: Compensatory damages are a rare form of compensation that courts award to punish parties who exhibited a gross level of negligence or misconduct. In short, compensatory damages are reserved for the biggest offenders of personal injury, and courts award them more often in product liability claims. Florida limits compensatory damages to three times the amount of the economic damages awarded or $500,000, whichever is more.
You should not have to pay for the injuries or wrongful death that someone inflicted upon you or a family member. It is for this reason that the FLL Accident Lawyers founded itself on the commitment to advocate on behalf of individuals, who need help the most.
Focusing on your health is the most important thing right now. Let our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers fight for the compensation that you deserve. Learn more regarding how our legal services can benefit you today by calling 954-519-6353 or messaging us through our contact form.
You Have a Limited Time to Act Under Florida Law
The term statute of limitations refers to the time limits or deadlines that civil courts place on your ability to file a claim. Depending upon the details of your case, the statute of limitations will vary. In general, Florida laws place the following time limits on personal injury cases:
- Personal injury: Up to four years from the date of your injury
- Product liability: Up to four years from the date of your injury
- Medical malpractice: Up to two years from the date of your injury
- Wrongful death: Up to two years from the date of your loved one’s death
It is vital that you act on your case sooner rather than later. The person or business responsible for your injuries may get by on a technicality and hinder your ability to receive financial damages for your physical, mental, and emotional losses. Please do not wait until it is too late. And, if you think you may have missed the deadline, there may be remedies still available file a claim, depending upon the barriers to participation you faced.
Contact FLL Accident Lawyers today to learn more about the potential of your claim. We are a responsive and understanding team of Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers, who genuinely care about our clients and their family members. You can schedule a free, no-obligation with our firm by calling 954-519-6353 or sending a note through our request form.
Avoid Admitting Fault to Insurance Companies
Many clients, who visit our office, express concern about being at fault for their injuries. Since they are good people, they evaluate their actions and mental space that preceded the accident. It is what any reasonable person does. However, it is essential to remember that accidents place our bodies in flight-or-flight mode, and you may not accurately recall the details of your case.
Your focus was on preserving your life, not the surrounding circumstances that may have caused your injury. In the moments following your injury or accident, it may seem like a whirlwind of activity to stabilize your well-being. Simply put, it is difficult to rely on your personal experience without all of the facts.
The realities and expectations are that insurance companies will pull on any thread that you give them to assign partial or total fault to you.
You see, Florida is what is known as a comparative negligence state. This information means that courts will evaluate your actions to determine if you played a contributing role in negligence that lead to your accident and subsequent injuries. Therefore, the insurance adjuster, assigned to your claim, will look for any signs of fault on your behalf, even if it is glaringly evident that the customer they insure was at complete fault for your injuries. Avoid admitting guilt to any insurance companies.
When you hire FLL Accident Lawyers, we will contact the insurance adjuster and let them know that we represent you. Therefore, they will cease communication with you, by law, and direct all questions to the Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers managing your case. We will then evaluate the evidence presented to help you understand the causation of your accident as we approach your claim.
How Our Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers Help You
In addition to providing caring and knowledgeable services, our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers are prepared to manage your case while fiercely advocating on your behalf, both in and out of the courtroom. You can entrust your claim with us to manage every aspect of it from point-to-point, while taking relief in knowing that you have a legal advocate in your corner.
The FLL Accident Lawyers team will be able to help you and your loved ones in the following elements of personal injury law:
- Conduct an injury investigation: We will obtain all relevant documentation that supports your accident injuries claims and identify the names of the parties, who should be held responsible.
- Handle insurance matters: You will not have to spend hours on the phone dealing with an insurance adjuster. We will ensure that they conduct all communications through our office to further protect your rights.
- Estimate your total damages: Financial compensation is one of the most critical elements to a client when litigating a claim. We will provide an estimate for your entire losses and tirelessly pursue them until we have exhausted all of our efforts.
- Operate on a Contingency Fee: If you decide to hire our team, we will not ask for an upfront retainer to finance your case. Instead, we will pay for depositions, mediations, filing fees, and expert witnesses from our own pockets. Then, we will absorb a reasonable percentage of your total damages award if we win. You do not pay us for our legal services unless you prevail.
- Counsel you and your loved ones: Personal injury usually involves the support of loved ones to help someone through a difficult time. While we won’t discuss privileged information with others, you can bring your family members to meetings with our team for additional help.
- Offer experienced guidance: When questions arise, and they will, you can count on the FLL Accident Lawyers team to answer all of them promptly and compassionately. Since our practice places emphasis on Florida personal injury law only, you are assured that we are experienced and focused on all relevant matters of this practice to create an impactful effect on the outcome.
- Litigate a personal injury lawsuit: When a personal injury matter cannot settle with insurers using alternative dispute resolution techniques, we will take your case to court and go after negligent parties at that level. Your case will receive focused attention through a caring legal service that goes the extra mile.
- Provide strong representation in court: Filing a lawsuit is only one component of filing a claim. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers are ready to negotiate, argue, and present your case, in court, through a jury trial, if necessary.
While the preceding list is not exhaustive, FLL Accident Lawyers wants you to know that our legal professionals will be there at every turn in your case. We take it to heart when we say that your lingering medical debt, emotional losses, and other damages should not be your responsibility when someone else is at fault. Nor should you have to choose between paying your medical bills and supporting your family.
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free consultation
The compassionate, empathetic, and caring Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers on our legal team will put your best interests first as a guiding principle throughout the entire process of pursuing compensation for your injuries.
We conduct business using a contingency fee arrangement, which guarantees that you will not have to pay us a penny upfront. Instead, we receive compensation by absorbing a fraction of your total recovered dollar amounts.
Contact FLL Accident Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling 954-519-6353 or submitting a request through our contact form.